Hiya bookish people!
I was nominated by Lauren @ Lala’s Book Reviews for the Mystery Blogger and Awesome Blogger Awards! Thank you Lauren. Lauren is an amazing person and I always love reading her posts, so I have to beg you guys to please check out her posts! I am only going to tag four people today, although there are many more that also deserve it!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate
10 – 20 people. ( I am tagging four people )
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
🌷 Tell us three things about you 🌷
- I am constantly tidying my room, and yet somehow my room is always extremely messy. Clothes everywhere, wardrobe open, desk with stuff overflowing. The only thing that stays tidy is my bookshelf.
- I love summer. I love spending time out in the sun and in the heat. I love the beach because the water and the sun is an amazing feeling.
- I want to publish books. I follow the Epic Reads and Penguin Publishing Tik Tok accounts, and I love the atmosphere that they show. And all the books that the workers have and show! But really. I either want to market or copy edit books. I’m not sure yet.
🌷 What is your vision for a perfect day? 🌷
I have two visions for this one. I either want a day of sun, heat, sand, sunscreen, cold drinks, books, friends, and watermelon. Or, I want a day of warm duvets, cat by me, books, a hot drink, Netflix and facetime.
🌷 What is something that you’ve overcome as a blogger? 🌷
I’ve overcome quite a few things during my time blogging. I’ve overcome platform changes, website redesigns, coding bugs, review deadlines and coming up with time to blog. However, there are two things in blogging that I regularly have to overcome that I always feel so bad admitting to anyone. I have to get over doubt, and skumping. I mean, my blog isn’t as well designed as others, the content is rather inconsistent, and I definitely didn’t create the site from scratch and blank coding pages. Content is hard to come up with, and a lot of the time I doubt if what I’ve written is even good enough. But, I convince myself every time. I love blogging, and I might not be the best blogger in the world, but I love blogging, and I have no intention of giving it up.
🌷 Where are you on your yearly reading schedule? (on track, behind, ahead) 🌷
ANSWER WHEN POSTING
🌷 What is your preferred method of reading? 🌷
Physical books, obviously. I recently bought a new bookshelf and have a few of my favourite books on there. I have more middle-grade and adult books that I don’t read anymore in the office, but this is my favourite bookshelf I’ve had. I want to make more flowers to put along the sides.
Fun fact! Beth made those flowers for my birthday in 2016! Yes, I still have them. Because they’re awesome.
🌷 What is the worst thing that has happened to one of your books? 🌷
I was sitting on the floor of the atrium in my old school, and the cover of my book got caught in that weird metal thingy by the doors, and the back cover of Kings Cage ripped clean off. I was able to reattach it with tape, but it was still absolutely devastating.
🌷 Some of my best posts 🌷
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Credit the creator
- Tag this post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
- Answer all the questions given to you
- Nominate some people (I’m going to nominate four people for both)
- Write 10 questions for them to answer
🌷 What is the last book that you’ve bought (or been gifted)? 🌷
People tend not to buy me books because there have been a few awkward cases where I have already had the book or have read the book. Anyway, back to the question. The last book that I bought myself was Serpent and Dove, one of my impulse buys that was put on my April / O.W.L TBR for this year. I am going to be reading it for my History of Magic course, which is a book featuring witches / wizards.
The last book I was gifted was technically from the community. It’s Red Rising by Pierce Brown and I got it from the community because I got it from one of my neighbourhood Little Library boxes. Here are some photos of the one I got it from, but I haven’t had the chance to take some photos of the other one yet.
🌷 Would you rather be able to read every book that you want and feel meh about it (as in it was ok but nothing special) or reread your favorite 2 books for the rest of your life? 🌷
Oooh this is a hard one! I would have to first ask if reading my favourite two books means I lose appreciation for them, or it’s like the first time reading them all over again? However, I think I might have to go with everybook being meh. The stories I read are amazing, but the actual act of reading is the most therapeutic and meaningful thing that I do, I could never give it up. I’d also never be able to pick just two favourites, so there’s that too.
🌷 What animal would you love to have as a pet? 🌷
I really want a big, smoochy dog. I have two now while I live with my parents, and they are extremely adorable, but when I move out and am in a position to get a big dog, I’d love to have a husky. They’re amazing and loveable and floofy! I feel guilty though, because it’s hard to adopt huskies, and I know there are so many dogs in shelters that need homes, too. I’m sure I could find one to be adopted if I really really looked though, and I definitely will.
🌷 What is your favorite ice cream topping? 🌷
I don’t really have ice-cream toppings because I normally have a flavoured ice-cream. I don’t want to corrupt the flavour!
🌷 If your life story was made into a movie, who would you want to play as yourself? 🌷
I don’t really want to have a movie of my life, it would be so so boring. But if anything, I would have me play me, because I know me best.
🌷 Do you ever read a book without reading the synopsis or reviews about it? 🌷
I do. I read spoiler free reviews whenever possible, but I don’t really read reviews for library books before I read them (Damsel, Carnival, What If It’s Us, Love Hate and Other Filters etc.) that I really really enjoyed! I didn’t read reviews for Twilight or Vampire Academy either, and I loved those at the time (not now, it’s gross). I struggle to not read the synopsis though because I like to know what I’m going into.
🌷 Where is somewhere that you’d love to visit during the winter? 🌷
Any place with old buildings and snow! The whole aesthetic of that is just brilliant, and haunting and enchanting and I love it! Plus, it gives me excuses to wear big thick jumpers everywhere and my awesome beanie with a fluffy pom-pom on top (that’s detachable by a button!).
🌷 Are you a night owl or morning person? 🌷
I am definitely a night owl. I love the night time because it is quiet and there are no jobs. Plus you can see the stars and some of the best conversations and adventures that you can have with friends are held at night. Night time holds some sort of alure to me, always has and I think that it always will. Plus, sleeping is a barely necessary function for a teenager. Haven’t you heard?
🌷 Do you eat fries with ketchup? 🌷
🌷 What is your favorite comfort food dish? 🌷
Anything with pasta in it. Pasta is extremely comforting and warming and filling. Plus! Plus, plus plus! There are so many types of past! Shell pasta, spaghetti noodles, macaroni, big shell pasta, ravioli! So many pastas!
🌷 The Questions! 🌷
- If you could give your favourite book a new title, what would it be?
- What book deserves to be made into a TV show or movie?
- Is there a book-to-movie adaptation you’ve read and want to watch, but still haven’t yet?
- Which genre do you want to crawl into a hole and disappear?
- Which book on your physical TBR has the best cover?
- Where is the best place you’ve ever gone on holiday?
- Do you have a favourite aesthetic? (If yes, can you show us some examples?)
- Is there a series that you are binge watching / reading right now?
- Are there any songs that you associate to a specific book?
- What is your least favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- Do you make lots of promises or are they something rare?
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
- Do you watch booktube? (If yes, who is your favourite booktuber?)
- What’s the best recommendation you’ve ever gotten from a booktuber or book blogger?
- Have you ever gotten any extremely good / extremely bad blogging advice?
🌷 Finally, I nominate 🌷
- Charlotte @ Bewitching Books, Ravenous Reads
- Darai @ Bookaholic’s Therapy
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm
- Nish & Ngoc @ Nish & Ngoc’s Book Nook
No one is obligated to do this tag, but I’d love to see your answers if you do it 🙂